We've moved our bug tracker to GitHub: https://github.com/android-ndk/ndk/issues
ndk-gdb.py actually works now. Had regressed entirely: https://github.com/android-ndk/ndk/issues/3.
ndk-gdb works on Mac again: https://github.com/android-ndk/ndk/issues/2.
- Added more top level shortcuts for command line tools:
ndk-which (was previously missing entirely)
- Fixed standalone toolchains for libc++, which were missing
- Fixed help documenation for
- Note that
__thread doesn't actually work as r11 had claimed. The version of Clang we currently ship is missing a bugfix for emulated TLS support.
- PSA: Everyone should be switching to Clang.
- Clang has been updated to 3.8svn (r243773, build 2481030).
- Note that this is now a nearly pure upstream clang.
- Also note that Clang packaged in the Windows 64 NDK is actually 32-bit.
Support for emulated TLS.
__thread is now supported by the compiler by emulating ELF TLS with pthread thread-specific data.
thread_local will work in some cases, but will not work for data with non-trivial destructors except when running on Marshmallow (android-23) or newer because those cases require support from libc.
Does not yet work with Aarch64 when TLS variables are accessed from a shared library.
- GCC in the NDK is now deprecated.
- Time to start using Clang if you haven’t already. If you have problems with Clang, please file bugs!
- The NDK will not be upgrading to 5.x, nor will we be accepting non-critical backports.
- Maintenance for miscompiles and internal compiler errors in 4.9 will be handled on a case by case basis.
- GCC 4.8 has been removed. All targets now use GCC 4.9.
- Synchronized with
google/gcc-4_9 to r224707 (from r214835).
- The samples are no longer included in the NDK. They are instead available on GitHub.
- The documentation is no longer included in the NDK. It is instead available on the Android Developer website.
- Make ARM standalone toolchains default to arm7.
- The old behavior can be restored by passing
-isystem for platform includes.
- Warnings caused by bionic will no longer break app builds.
- Fixed segfault when throwing exceptions via gabi++ (see http://b.android.com/179410).
- Change libc++’s inline namespace to
std::__ndk1 to prevent ODR issues with platform libc++.
- Support for mips64r2 has been partially dropped. The rest will be dropped in the future.
- All libc++ libraries are now built with libc++abi.
- Bump default
APP_PLATFORM to Gingerbread.
- Expect support for Froyo and older to be dropped in a future release.
- Updated gabi++
_Unwind_Exception struct for 64 bits.
- cpufeatures: Detect SSE4.1 and SSE4.2 as well.
- cpufeatures: Detect cpu features on x86_64 as well.
- Update libc++abi to upstream r231075.
- Added native tracing API to android-23.
- Added native multinetwork API to android-23.
uchar.h have all been updated from ToT Bionic.
sys/cdefs.h has been synchronized across all API levels.
- Support for
_WCHAR_IS_8BIT has been removed.
fesetenv for arm
- Fix end pointer size/alignment of
crtend_* for mips64 and x86_64
- Removed sed.
- Removed mclinker.
- Removed Perl.
- Removed symbols which are not exported by the current platform libc/m/dl from all versions of NDK libc/m/dl
- libc/m/dl provide versioned symbols starting with v21
- Added Vulkan headers and library to API level 24.
- Unified binutils source between Android and ChromiumOS.
- For full details see https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/182865/.
- Gold for aarch64 should now be much more reliable. Use
-fuse-ld=gold at link time to use gold instead of bfd. The default will likely switch in the next release.
- Good linking time improvement for huge binaries for Gold ARM backend (up to 50% linking time reduction for debuggable Chrome Browser).
- New option:
- The 32-bit Windows package no longer contains ld.gold. It is available in the 64-bit package.
- Current gold no longer builds when targeting 32-bit Windows (causes internal compiler failures in mingw).
- gdb has been updated to version 7.10.
- ndk-gdb has been removed in favor of ndk-gdb.py.
- ndk-gdb.py has been significantly rewritten.
- Performance should be somewhat better.
- Error messages have been significantly improved.
- Relative project paths should always work now.
- Ctrl-C no longer kills the backgrounded gdbserver.
- Improve Windows support.
- Yasm has been updated to version 1.3.0.
- This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all outstanding bugs.
- x86 ASAN does not currently work. See discussion on https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/186276/
- The combination of Clang, x86,
stlport_static, and optimization levels higher than
-O0 causes test failures with
dynamic_cast. See https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/185920
- Exception handling will often fail when using
c++_shared on ARM32. The root cause is incompatibility between the LLVM unwinder used by libc++abi for ARM32 and libgcc. This is not a regression from r10e.
- The version of Clang we're shipping is missing a bugfix for emulated TLS. This is already fixed for r12.