Report issues to GitHub.
ndk-build will default to using Clang in r13. GCC will be removed in a later release.
make-standalone-toolchain.sh will be removed in r13. Make sure
make_standalone_toolchain.py suits your needs.
- Removed support for the armeabi-v7a-hard ABI. See the explanation in the documentation.
- Removed all sysroots for pre-GB platform levels. We dropped support for them in r11, but neglected to actually remove them.
- Exception handling when using
c++_shared on ARM32 now mostly works (see Known Issues). The unwinder will now be linked into each linked object rather than into libc++ itself.
- Default compiler flags have been pruned: https://github.com/android-ndk/ndk/issues/27.
- Added a Python implementation of standalone toolchains:
- Windows users: you no longer need Cygwin to use this feature.
- We'll be removing the bash flavor in r13, so test the new one now.
-fno-limit-debug-info has been enabled by default for Clang debug builds. This should improve debugability with LLDB.
--build-id is now enabled by default.
- This will be shown in native crash reports so you can easily identify which version of your code was running.
NDK_USE_CYGPATH should no longer cause problems with libgcc: http://b.android.com/195486.
-Wl,--fatal-warnings are now enabled by default. If you have shared text relocations, your app will not load on Marshmallow or later (and have never been allowed for 64-bit apps).
- Precompiled headers should work better: https://github.com/android-ndk/ndk/issues/14 and https://github.com/android-ndk/ndk/issues/16.
- Unreachable ARM (non-thumb) STL libraries have been removed.
- Added Vulkan support to android-24.
- Added Choreographer API to android-24.
libcamera2 APIs for devices with
INFO_SUPPORTED_HARDWARE_LEVEL_LIMITED or above (see Camera Characteristics).
- Clang has been updated to 3.8svn (r256229, build 2812033).
- Note that Clang packaged in the Windows 64-bit NDK is actually 32-bit.
__thread should work for real this time.
- “Erratum 843419 found and fixed” info messages are silenced.
- Introduced option ‘--long-plt’ to fix internal linker error when linking huge arm32 binaries.
- Fixed wrong run time stubs for AArch64. This was causing jump addresses to be calculated incorrectly for very large DSOs.
- Introduced default option ‘--no-apply-dynamic’ to work around a dynamic linker bug for earlier Android releases.
- NDK r11 KI for
dynamic_cast not working with Clang, x86,
stlport_static and optimization has been fixed.
- This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all outstanding bugs.
- x86 ASAN still does not work. See discussion on https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/186276/
- Exception unwinding with
c++_shared still does not work for ARM on Gingerbread or Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Bionic headers and libraries for Marshmallow and N are not yet exposed despite the presence of android-24. Those platforms are still the Lollipop headers and libraries (not a regression from r11).
- RenderScript tools are not present (not a regression from r11): https://github.com/android-ndk/ndk/issues/7.