Report issues to GitHub.
For Android Studio issues, follow the docs on the Android Studio site.
- GCC is no longer supported. It will not be removed from the NDK just yet, but is no longer receiving backports. It cannot be removed until after libc++ has become stable enough to be the default, as some parts of gnustl are still incompatible with Clang. It will likely be removed after that point.
- Added simpleperf, a CPU profiler for Android: https://android.googlesource.com/platform/system/extras/+/master/simpleperf/README.md
NDK_TOOLCHAIN_VERSION now defaults to Clang.
- libc++ has been updated to r263688.
- We've reset to a (nearly) clean upstream. This should remove a number of bugs, but we still need to clean up
libandroid_support before we will recommend it as the default.
make-standalone-toolchain.sh is now simply a wrapper around the Python version of the tool. There are a few behavioral differences. See https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/245453/
- Some libraries for unsupported ABIs have been removed (mips64r2, mips32r6, mips32r2, and x32). There might still be some stragglers.
- Issues with
crtbegin_static.o that resulted in missing
atexit at link time when building a static executable for ARM android-21+ have been resolved: https://github.com/android-ndk/ndk/issues/132
- Added CMake toolchain file in build/cmake/android.toolchain.cmake.