Merge "gralloc: clarify lock_ycbcr in light of multimedia codec usage" into lmp-mr1-dev
diff --git a/include/hardware/gralloc.h b/include/hardware/gralloc.h
index 91e2f69..7d00114 100644
@@ -237,8 +237,17 @@
* difference that it fills a struct ycbcr with a description of the buffer
* layout, and zeroes out the reserved fields.
- * This will only work on buffers with HAL_PIXEL_FORMAT_YCbCr_*_888, and
- * will return -EINVAL on any other buffer formats.
+ * If the buffer format is not compatible with a flexible YUV format (e.g.
+ * the buffer layout cannot be represented with the ycbcr struct), it
+ * will return -EINVAL.
+ * This method must work on buffers with HAL_PIXEL_FORMAT_YCbCr_*_888
+ * if supported by the device, as well as with any other format that is
+ * requested by the multimedia codecs when they are configured with a
+ * flexible-YUV-compatible color-format with android native buffers.
+ * Note that this method may also be called on buffers of other formats,
+ * including non-YUV formats.
* Added in GRALLOC_MODULE_API_VERSION_0_2.