Fix priv-app edge case across OTAs
In this case:
1. Privileged system app FOO is overlain by an installed update,
2. FOO was replaced during an OTA,
3. The new in-system FOO introduced new privileged permission requests
that had not been requested by the original FOO,
4. the update version of FOO still had a higher version code than
the new FOO on the system disk, and
5. the update version of FOO had been requesting these same (newly-
added-to-system-apk) permissions all along;
then the newly-added privileged permission requests were incorrectly being
refused. FOO should be able to use any privileged permission used by the
APK sited on the system disk; but instead, it was only being granted the
permissions used by the *original* version of FOO, even though the system
FOO now attempted to use them.
Still with me?
The fix is to (a) properly track privileged-install state when processing
known-to-be-hidden system packages, and (b) to tie the semantics of the
permission grant more explicitly to that evaluated state, rather than
using the prior (rather fragile) fixed-up privilege calculation applied
to the overlain apk's parse records.
3 files changed