This patch further reduces the memory used by TT/TC (by about 15Mb
on 32 bits memcheck default nr of sectors).
Memory is reduced by using UShort typedef-s for Sector no and TTE no.
Note that for TTE no, we had a mixture of UShort, UInt and Int used
depending on the place (a TTE no was in any case constrained to be an UShort).
The bss memory/startup space is also reduced by allocating the htt on demand
(like tt and tc), using mmap the first time a sector is initialised.
* pub_core_transtab.h :
* 2 typedef to identify a sector and a tt entry (these 2 types are UShort)
* add 2 #define 'invalid values' for these types
* change the interface to use these types rather than UInt
* use wherever relevant these 2 new types rather than UInt or UShort
* replace the use of -1 by INV_SNO or INV_TTE
* remove now useless typecast from Int/UInt to UShort for tte
* schedule.c: use the new types
git-svn-id: svn://svn.valgrind.org/valgrind/trunk@15036 a5019735-40e9-0310-863c-91ae7b9d1cf9
3 files changed