Implement caching of print_sockaddr_by_inode
As -yy parser, compared to -y, needs to do at least 5 extra syscalls
(getxattr, socket, sendmsg, recvmsg, close) to print socket details,
caching results of netlink conversations between strace and kernel
noticeably reduces amount of system time spent by strace.
The caching is safe since sockets do not change their addresses after
successful bind or connect syscall.
* defs.h (string_quote, print_sockaddr_by_inode_cached): New prototypes.
* socketutils.c (cache_entry): New type.
(CACHE_SIZE, CACHE_MASK): New macros.
(cache): New static array.
(cache_and_print_inode_details): New static function.
(print_sockaddr_by_inode_cached): New function.
(inet_parse_response, unix_parse_response): Use
* util.c (printfd): Use string_quote and print_sockaddr_by_inode_cached.
(string_quote): Remove static qualifier.
* NEWS: Mention this improvement.
* tests/unix-yy.c (main): Update.
5 files changed