The art of simplicity is a puzzle of complexity.
YAML is a data serialization format designed for human readability and interaction with scripting languages.
SnakeYAML is a YAML 1.1 processor for the Java Virtual Machine version 7. For YAML 1.2 (which is a superset of JSON) you may have a look at SnakeYAML Engine
- a complete YAML 1.1 processor. (If you need YAML 1.2 support have a look here). In particular, SnakeYAML can parse all examples from the specification.
- Unicode support including UTF-8/UTF-16 input/output.
- high-level API for serializing and deserializing native Java objects.
- support for all types from the YAML types repository.
- relatively sensible error messages.
- when you plan to feed the parser with untrusted data please study the settings which allow to restrict incoming data.