- Fix bug where the Content-Length header was not always dropped when following a redirect from a POST to a GET.
- Implement basic support for
Thread.interrupt(). OkHttp now checks for an interruption before doing a blocking call. If it is interrupted, it throws an
- Fix bug where deleting a file that was absent from the
HttpResponseCache caused an IOException.
- Fix bug in HTTP/2 where our HPACK decoder wasn't emitting entries in certain eviction scenarios, leading to dropped response headers.
- Fix 1.5.0 regression where connections should not have been recycled.
- Fix 1.5.0 regression where transparent Gzip was broken by attempting to recover from another I/O failure.
- Fix problems where spdy/3.1 headers may not have been compressed properly.
- Fix problems with spdy/3.1 and http/2 where the wrong window size was being used.
- Fix 1.5.0 regression where conditional cache responses could corrupt the connection pool.
OkHttp no longer uses the default SSL context.
Applications that want to use the global SSL context with OkHttp should configure their OkHttpClient instances with the following:
A simpler solution is to avoid the shared default SSL socket factory. Instead, if you need to customize SSL, do so for your specific OkHttpClient instance only.
Synthetic headers have changed
Previously OkHttp added a synthetic response header,
OkHttp-Selected-Transport. It has been replaced with a new synthetic header,
- New: Support for
- New: Support for
spdy/3.1. Dropped support for
- New: Use ALPN on Android platforms that support it (4.4+)
- New: CacheControl model and parser.
- New: Protocol selection in MockWebServer.
- Fix: Route selection shouldn't use TLS modes that we know will fail.
- Fix: Cache SPDY responses even if the response body is closed prematurely.
- Fix: Use strict timeouts when aborting a download.
- Fix: Support Shoutcast HTTP responses like
ICY 200 OK.
- Fix: Don‘t unzip if there isn’t a response body.
- Fix: Don't leak gzip streams on redirects.
- Fix: Don't do DNS lookups on invalid hosts.
- Fix: Exhaust the underlying stream when reading gzip streams.
- Fix: Support the
- Fix: Support request bodies on
- Fix: Drop the
- Internal: Replaced internal byte array buffers with pooled buffers (“OkBuffer”).
- New: Support for “PATCH” HTTP method in client and MockWebServer.
- Fix: Drop
Content-Length header when redirected from POST to GET.
- Fix: Correctly read cached header entries with malformed header names.
- Fix: Do not directly support any authentication schemes other than “Basic”.
- Fix: Respect read timeouts on recycled connections.
- Fix: Transmit multiple cookie values as a single header with delimiter.
- Fix: Ensure
null is never returned from a connection's
- Fix: Persist proper
Content-Encoding header to cache for GZip responses.
- Fix: Eliminate rare race condition in SPDY streams that would prevent connection reuse.
- Fix: Change HTTP date formats to UTC to conform to RFC2616 section 3.3.
- Fix: Support SPDY header blocks with trailing bytes.
- Fix: Allow
; as separator for
- Fix: Correct bug where HTTPS POST requests were always automatically buffered.
- Fix: Honor read timeout when parsing SPDY headers.
- Resolve issue with ‘jar-with-dependencies’ artifact creation.
- Fix: Support empty SPDY header values.
New APIs on OkHttpClient to set default timeouts for connect and read.
Fix bug when caching SPDY responses.
Fix a bug with SPDY plus half-closed streams. (thanks kwuollett)
Fix a bug in
Content-Length reporting for gzipped streams in the Apache HTTP client adapter. (thanks kwuollett)
Work around the Alcatel
getByInetAddress bug (thanks k.kocel)
Be more aggressive about testing pooled sockets before reuse. (thanks warpspin)
Content-Encoding in the Apache HTTP client adapter. (thanks kwuollett)
Add a media type class to OkHttp.
Change custom header prefix:
X-Android-Sent-Millis is now OkHttp-Sent-Millis
X-Android-Received-Millis is now OkHttp-Received-Millis
X-Android-Response-Source is now OkHttp-Response-Source
X-Android-Selected-Transport is now OkHttp-Selected-Transport
Improve cache invalidation for POST-like requests.
Bring MockWebServer into OkHttp and teach it SPDY.
- Fix: ClassCastException when caching responses that were redirected from HTTP to HTTPS.
- Fix: Connection reuse was broken for most HTTPS connections due to a bug in the way the hostname verifier was selected.
- Fix: Locking bug in SpdyConnection.
- Fix: Ignore null header values (for compatibility with HttpURLConnection).
- Add URLStreamHandlerFactory support so that
URL.openConnection() uses OkHttp.
- Expose the transport (“http/1.1”, “spdy/3”, etc.) via magic request headers. Use
X-Android-Transports to write the preferred transports and
X-Android-Selected-Transport to read the negotiated transport.
- Fix: Remove use of Java 6-only APIs.
- Fix: Properly handle exceptions from
NetworkInterface when querying MTU.
- Fix: Ensure MTU has a reasonable default and upper-bound.
- Correct casing of SSL in method names (