Merge "CDD: Clarify that when we require the new v2 signing, it doesn't remove the jar signing support. JAR signing has been always supported and from Android N onwards, APK Signature Scheme v2 support was added. So requiring support for both." into nougat-mr1-dev
diff --git a/3_software/3_2_soft-api-compatibility.md b/3_software/3_2_soft-api-compatibility.md
index d7d117e..41b7645 100644
@@ -204,11 +204,12 @@
<td>A value indicating the security patch level of a build. It MUST signify
- that the build includes all security patches issued up through the
- designated Android Public Security Bulletin. It MUST be in the format
- [YYYY-MM-DD], matching one of the Android Security Patch Level strings of
- the <a href="source.android.com/security/bulletin"> Public Security
- Bulletins</a>, for example "2015-11-01".</td>
+ that the build is not in any way vulnerable to any of the issues described
+ up through the designated Android Public Security Bulletin. It MUST be in
+ the format [YYYY-MM-DD], matching a defined string documented in the
+ <a href="source.android.com/security/bulletin"> Android Public Security
+ Bulletin</a> or in the <a href="http://source.android.com/security/advisory">
+ Android Security Advisory</a>, for example "2015-11-01".</td>
diff --git a/3_software/3_8_user-interface-compatibility.md b/3_software/3_8_user-interface-compatibility.md
index f5f4c4b..89b4695 100644
@@ -248,7 +248,7 @@
* MUST support at least up to 20 displayed activities.
-* MUST at least display the title of 4 activities at a time.
+* SHOULD at least display the title of 4 activities at a time.
* MUST implement the [screen pinning behavior](http://developer.android.com/about/versions/android-5.0.html#ScreenPinning)
and provide the user with a settings menu to toggle the feature.
* SHOULD display highlight color, icon, screen title in recents.
diff --git a/7_hardware-compatibility/7_1_display-and-graphics.md b/7_hardware-compatibility/7_1_display-and-graphics.md
index ddd0cfd..1d35633 100644
@@ -69,16 +69,22 @@
#### 184.108.40.206\. Screen Aspect Ratio
+While there is no restriction to the screen aspect ratio value of the physical
+screen display, the screen aspect ratio of the surface that third-party apps
+are rendered on and which can be derived from the values reported via the
+MUST meet the following requirements:
-Android Watch devices MAY have an aspect ratio of 1.0 (1:1).
-The screen aspect ratio MUST be a value from 1.3333 (4:3) to 1.86 (roughly
-16:9), but Android Watch devices MAY have an aspect ratio of 1.0 (1:1) because
-such a device implementation will use a UI_MODE_TYPE_WATCH as the
+* If the [uiMode](https://developer.android.com/reference/android/content/res/Configuration.html#uiMode)
+is configured as UI_MODE_TYPE_WATCH, the aspect ratio value MAY be set as
+* If the third-party app indicates that it is resizeable via the
+attribute, there are no restrictions to the aspect ratio value.
+* For all other cases, the aspect ratio MUST be a value between 1.3333 (4:3)
+and 1.86 (roughly 16:9) unless the app has indicated explicitly that it
+supports a higher screen aspect ratio through the [maxAspectRatio](https://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html#MaxAspectRatio)
#### 220.127.116.11\. Screen Density
diff --git a/7_hardware-compatibility/7_7_usb.md b/7_hardware-compatibility/7_7_usb.md
index 94f084d..b2e9a20 100644
@@ -67,8 +67,12 @@
* MUST implement the Android USB host API as documented in the Android SDK,
and MUST declare support for the hardware feature
-* SHOULD support the Charging Downstream Port output current range of 1.5 A ~
- 5 A as specified in the [USB Battery Charging specifications, revision 1.2](http://www.usb.org/developers/docs/devclass_docs/BCv1.2_070312.zip).
+* SHOULD support device charging while in host mode; advertising a source
+ current of at least 1.5A as specified in the Termination Parameters section
+ of the [USB Type-C Cable and Connector Specification Revision 1.2] (http://www.usb.org/developers/docs/usb_31_021517.zip)
+ for USB Type-C connectors or using Charging Downstream Port(CDP) output
+ current range as specified in the [USB Battery Charging specifications, revision 1.2](http://www.usb.org/developers/docs/devclass_docs/BCv1.2_070312.zip)
+ for Micro-AB connectors.
* USB Type-C devices are STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to support DisplayPort, SHOULD
support USB SuperSpeed Data Rates, and are STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to support
Power Delivery for data and power role swapping.
diff --git a/7_hardware-compatibility/7_9_virtual-reality.md b/7_hardware-compatibility/7_9_virtual-reality.md
index f52b6ea..e19dd96 100644
@@ -21,9 +21,9 @@
* Device implementations MUST have at least 2 physical cores.
* Device implementations MUST declare android.software.vr.mode feature.
* Device implementations MAY provide an exclusive core to the foreground
- application and MAY support the `Process.getExclusiveCores` API to return
- the numbers of the CPU cores that are exclusive to the top foreground
- application. If exclusive core is supported, then the core MUST not allow
+ application and MAY support the Process.getExclusiveCores API to return
+ the numbers of the cpu cores that are exclusive to the top foreground
+ application. If exclusive core is supported then the core MUST not allow
any other userspace processes to run on it (except device drivers used
by the application), but MAY allow some kernel processes to run as
diff --git a/9_security-model/9_11_keys-and-credentials.md b/9_security-model/9_11_keys-and-credentials.md
index 8cb497b..0d0dff2 100644
@@ -24,9 +24,10 @@
that can be used to satisfy this requirement.
-Note that if a device implementation is already launched on an earlier Android version, and does
-not have a fingerprint scanner, such a device is exempted from the requirement to have a
+Note that if a device implementation is already launched on an earlier Android
+version, such a device is exempted from the requirement to have a
+hardware-backed keystore, unless it declares the `android.hardware.fingerprint`
+feature which requires a hardware-backed keystore.
### 9.11.1\. Secure Lock Screen