3.15. Instant Apps
Device implementations MUST satisfy the following requirements:
- [C-0-1] Instant Apps MUST only be granted permissions that have the
android:protectionLevel set to
- [C-0-2] Instant Apps MUST NOT interact with installed apps via implicit intents unless one of the following is true:
- The component's intent pattern filter is exposed and has CATEGORY_BROWSABLE
- The action is one of ACTION_SEND, ACTION_SENDTO, ACTION_SEND_MULTIPLE
- The target is explicitly exposed with android:visibleToInstantApps
- [C-0-3] Instant Apps MUST NOT interact explicitly with installed apps unless the component is exposed via android:visibleToInstantApps.
- [C-0-4] Installed Apps MUST NOT see details about Instant Apps on the device unless the Instant App explicitly connects to the installed application.
- Device implementations MUST provide the following user affordances for interacting with Instant Apps. The AOSP meets the requirements with the default System UI, Settings, and Launcher. Device implementations:
- [C-0-5] MUST provide a user affordance to view and delete Instant Apps locally cached for each individual app package.
- [C-0-6] MUST provide a persistent user notification that can be collapsed while an Instant App is running in the foreground. This user notification MUST include that Instant Apps do not require installation and provide a user affordance that directs the user to the application info screen in Settings. For Instant Apps launched via web intents, as defined by using an intent with action set to
Intent.ACTION_VIEW and with a scheme of “http” or “https”, an additional user affordance SHOULD allow the user not to launch the Instant App and launch the associated link with the configured web browser, if a browser is available on the device.
- [C-0-7] MUST allow running Instant Apps to be accessed from the Recents function if the Recents function is available on the device.
If device implementations support Instant Apps, they:
- [C-1-1] MUST preload one or more applications or service components with an intent handler for the intents listed in the SDK here and make the intents visible for Instant Apps.