1.1 Document Structure
1.1.1. Requirements by Device Type
Section 2 contains all of the requirements that apply to a specific device type. Each subsection of Section 2 is dedicated to a specific device type.
All the other requirements, that universally apply to any Android device implementations, are listed in the sections after Section 2. These requirements are referenced as “Core Requirements” in this document.
1.1.2. Requirement ID
Requirement ID is assigned for MUST requirements.
- The ID is assigned for MUST requirements only.
- STRONGLY RECOMMENDED requirements are marked as [SR] but ID is not assigned.
- The ID consists of : Device Type ID - Condition ID - Requirement ID (e.g. C-0-1).
Each ID is defined as below:
- Device Type ID (see more on 2. Device Types
- C: Core (Requirements that are applied to any Android device implementations)
- H: Android Handheld device
- T: Android Television device
- A: Android Automotive implementation
- Tab: Android Tablet implementation
- Condition ID
- When the requirement is unconditional, this ID is set as 0.
- When the requirement is conditional, 1 is assinged for the 1st condition and the number increments by 1 within the same section and the same device type.
- Requirement ID
- This ID starts from 1 and increments by 1 within the same section and the same condition.
1.1.3. Requirement ID in Section 2
The Requirement ID in Section 2 starts with the corresponding section ID that is followed by the Requirement ID described above.
- The ID in Section 2 consists of : Section ID / Device Type ID - Condition ID - Requirement ID (e.g. 7.4.3/A-0-1).