9.12. Data Deletion
All device implementations:
- [C-0-1] MUST provide users a mechanism to perform a “Factory Data Reset”.
- [C-0-2] MUST delete all user-generated data. That is, all data except for the following:
- The system image
- Any operating system files required by the system image
- [C-0-3] MUST delete the data in such a way that will satisfy relevant industry standards such as NIST SP800-88.
- [C-0-4] MUST trigger the above “Factory Data Reset” process when the
DevicePolicyManager.wipeData() API is called by the primary user's Device Policy Controller app.
- MAY provide a fast data wipe option that conducts only a logical data erase.